Explore Scientific 01-14220 BT-100 SF Large Binoculars with 62 Degree LER Eyepieces
- Regular price
- Price: $1,999.99 USD
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Price: $1,999.99 USD
- Unit price
Estimated Arrival: Between Jan 05 and Jan 19. United States
Ships within 4-7 days
- Shipping & Returns
- Price Match
- Product Q&A
Objective Diameter: 100mm
Looking for giant binoculars (also known as double refractor telescopes) for observing the starry sky, nature and landscape?
With the all-round binoculars of the EXPLORE SCIENTIFIC BT series, you can observe the beauty of the starry sky at night and distant objects in nature during the day. Globular star clusters, glowing gas nebulae, the moon with its craters and even planets can be observed wonderfully on a clear night. But also all other distant things in nature and landscape, even ships and airplanes can be seen in detail. Thanks to the large, light-gathering lenses and the professional coatings on all lens surfaces, these binoculars produce bright and brilliant images even at night and at twilight, providing a special viewing pleasure. The comfortable 45 degree viewing angle allows fatigue-free use even when the binoculars are tilted strongly.
One complete lens telescope with the full light gathering power is available per eye. Experience a whole new dimension of observing. Objects are reproduced almost vividly in these binoculars and observing with both eyes is basically very relaxed. Last but not least, this comfortable way of observation increases the recognition of the finest details and effectively prevents rapid eye fatigue.
Extremely robust binoculars with magnesium housing, sealed and filled with nitrogen, the BT series binoculars are designed for tough outdoor use. The IPX6 sealed and nitrogen-filled design effectively prevents fogging of the internal optics even under difficult weather conditions. The very light magnesium housing saves weight and makes it easy to handle. Two EXPLORE SCIENTIFIC 20mm eyepieces of the 62 degree LER series already included. EXPLORE SCIENTIFIC is an established manufacturer of extremely high-quality eyepieces in the astronomy scene. An optical system is only as good as its weakest component. Therefore we have decided to deliver these giant binoculars with a pair of quality eyepieces of the 62 degree LER series. With an apparent field of view of 62 degrees and a focal length of 20mm, the BT-100 binoculars produce a 28x magnification. Thus these wide angle eyepieces offer a very good overview (field of view 2.3 degree) at moderate magnification. The large inter-pupillary distance of these LER (long eye relief) eyepieces of 15mm and soft silicone eyecups, which can be turned inside out, also guarantee a comfortable and relaxed view. For astronomy, a flat and sharp image field is advantageous and offers a particularly impressive viewing experience even during the day. Due to the waterproof design and the argon filling, these eyepieces are absolutely durable and easy to clean.
- Interchangeable eyepieces with 1.25 inch / 31.7mm plug-in diameter
Adjust the magnification and field of view to your individual needs and choose from a wide range of available eyepieces. All eyepiece types with a plug-in diameter of 1.25 inch / 31.7mm can be used with the binoculars of the BT series. Especially recommended are EXPLORE SCIENTIFIC eyepieces of the 62 and 82 degree series with focal lengths from 8 to 26mm (see item No. 02188xx and 02196xx). The magnification can be varied from 21x to 70x (focal length binoculars : focal length eyepiece = magnification). The eyepieces are held in the binoculars by a precise brass compression ring clamp and guarantee a tilt free position.
- Use of color and nebula filters for astronomical observations
Increase the contrast and visibility of objects and details by screwing the corresponding filters directly into the thread of the eyepiece sleeves. The use of color and nebula filters must of course always be done in pairs. Suitable are all EXPLORE SCIENTIFIC screw filters with 1.25inch / 31.7mm diameter (see item No. 03102xx)
- Comfortable 45 degree view and helical single focus
The 45-degree viewing angle allows a relaxed observation position even when the binoculars are tilted strongly. Also the individual interpupillary distance can be adjusted in a range from 54 to 76mm. With the fine helical individual focusing, precise focusing is achieved effortlessly. Extendable dew caps The integrated dew caps can be removed in high humidity and cold conditions. This avoids fogging of the outer objective lenses and effectively shields additional control light coming in from the side.
- Integrated carrying handle
A metal carrying handle located at the center of gravity facilitates transport and ensures a secure hold during tripod assembly.
- Suitable tripods and tripod connection
When using these large binoculars, a sturdy photo tripod with an appropriate load capacity is highly recommended. The connection is made via two 1/4 inch or one 3/8 inch threaded holes (standard photo tripod thread) in the tripod adapter of the binoculars. The ideal solution is to use the optional available EXPLORE SCIENTIFIC U-Mount with field tripod (item No. 01-14300). This is specially designed for the large binoculars of the BT series and carries these devices absolutely safely. The excellent mechanism with adjustable friction in both axes allows easy moving and tracking. The binocular position is kept stable depending on the adjusted friction intensity. Vibrations are reduced to a minimum by the massive construction of the U-Mount and the large stainless steel tripod. Even at high magnification there are no vibrations and the finest details can be observed.
- Powerful large binoculars with a 100 mm objective diameter and 560 mm focal length
- Observe the moon, the planets and bright deep sky objects in the night sky as well as terrestrial targets
- Extremely robust binoculars, sealed and filled with nitrogen
- Convenient 45-degree view and individual focusing
- Carrying handle makes it easier to transport the binocular and ensures a secure hold during tripod assembly
- Includes two premium waterproof Explore Scientific 62 degree 20mm LER eyepieces
- Eyepiece holder 1.25 inch / 31.7mm, interchangeable eyepieces
- Extendable dew caps minimize condensation on the lenses
- Tripod connection: 2 x 1/4 inch and 1 x 3/8 inch photo thread
- Optional accessories: Item 01-14300 U-mount with field tripod
|Optical design||Achromatic refractor Porro|
|Mirror / lens diameter||100 mm|
|Focal length||550 mm|
|Apparent Facial field||62 degrees|
|Type of remuneration||Enhanced Multilayer Desposition (EMD)|
|Exit pupil min.||3.6 mm|
|Field of view||2.3 degrees|
|Water resistance protection level||IPX6|
|Exit pupil distance||15 mm|
|Total length||520 mm|
|Total width||270 mm|
|Total height||155 mm|
|Total net weight||6800 g|
Shipping & Returns
If your order is in stock and we process the charges to your credit card, it will ship within five business days from the date of your order. We will send you tracking information within 24 hours of your order leaving the warehouse to the e-mail address you provided when checking out. If you do not receive tracking information from us within six business days of your order, feel free to follow up with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellations & Refunds:
All orders canceled after 48 hours are subject to a $20 administration fee, whether or not your order has shipped. If your order has shipped, you (the buyer) will also be responsible for actual return shipping charges. Refunds will only be issued to the original credit card that you use when placing your order.
Please inspect the packaging of your item(s) when they arrive, if you notice any damage you should make note of it when signing for delivery. If your item(s) do arrive damaged, please send photos to email@example.com and we will process an insurance claim on your behalf.
We want you to spend your time focusing on the stars, not on the price.
If you find another online store that offers a lower price than us within six months of your purchase date please let us know and we will refund your original payment for the difference. We want you to feel confident that you are getting the absolute best price for the product you are ordering. If you find that our own website has a lower price for the same item you have ordered within six months of your purchase date, we will refund the difference as well.
To request your partial refund simply e-mail us a link to the same product on our website, or on our competitors website within six months from the date of your order and we will process the credit accordingly.
Our 100% Price Guarantee has some limitations:
- You must purchase the item from our website before requesting your Price Match Guarantee
- Promotions such as rebates and buy one, get one free offers are not eligible
- The item must be in stock on the competitors website
- The competitor must be an online store, they may not have a retail location
- The website can not be a discounter or auction website (ie; eBay, overstock, etc..)
- The competitor must be an Authorized Retailer of the product in question
- The Price Match Guarantee includes the item price and the shipping charges, it excludes sales tax
Not convinced yet? Check out all our amazing products here!
We know you'll like the products we offer as much as we do- that's a Telescope Wolves Guarantee. In fact, if for any reason there is an issue with your products, please contact us upon receipt of your order with your order number and concern, and a member of our team will be happy to assist you from there.
Telescope Wolves will be happy to refund you the difference in price:
- if you find another online store that offers a lower price than us within six months of your purchase date, OR
- if you find that our own website has a lower price for the same item you have ordered within six months of your purchase date
Please consult our Price Match Guarantee for further details.
Product Warranty Policies
We also offer warranties from each of our partners (to ensure that you enjoy the products as much as we do).
Vixen's Warranty :
Vixen warranties its products to be free from initial defects in materials and workmanship for a specified period based on part type:
- Vixen Electronic Parts: Limited One Year Warranty
- Vixen Mechanical Parts: Limited Two Year Warranty
Interested? Shop for all of Vixen's products here.
Bresser's Warranty :
Bresser offers a limited USA one year warranty when product is registered within 60 days of purchase. Interested? Shop for all of Bresser's products here.
Explore Scientific's Warranty :
Explore Scientific offers a limited USA one year Warranty, which also converts to the Explore STAR Transferable Extended Life of the Product Warranty. Product must be registered within 60 days of purchase for this warranty to apply.
Interested? Shop for all of Explore Scientific's products here.
Daystar Filters's Warranty:
If used as directed, your DayStar filter is guaranteed for ten years. Should the filter become inoperative due to optical or mechanical failure, Daystar will repair the filter or replace it with an equivalent filter at no repair cost to the customer.
Under no circumstances shall a refund be issued:
- due to application issues or the buyer's lack of skills in application of the product
- Application of the DayStar product requires a degree of technical expertise specific to the exact product line, which is not common to other optical applications
- if the product’s technical application procedures are NOT followed properly and poor results are yielded
- Application procedures are posted on Daystar’s website and are stated in further detail in the client's operation manual
- due to buyer’s remorse
Goods are warranted to be in operative, working condition as stated in specifications of product at the time of delivery. Should the goods not meet these specifications, Telescope Wolves will put a request in on your behalf to repair or replace the goods with items which meet stated specifications of product.
- Goods shipped shall meet specifications stated by means of optical laboratory testing using independently verified spectrometer testing methods, visual inspection, and visual qualification of performance.
Interested? Shop for all of Daystar Filters's products here.
Hutech offers a one year warranty on all its products.
Interested? Shop for all of Hutech's products here.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.
7 Great reasons to buy from us: